From: Stuart Stegall <stuart@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] removing dhcpcd from system???
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 05:21:46
1 I'm no gentoo developer, but there are many packages that can optionally utilize programs that they do not and should not RDEPEND.
2 A good example would be the CPAN.pm perl module (included in perl by default). It allows you to configure it to use ftp, ncftp,
3 lynx, and others as optional programs to download module files, this really isn't that different from what baselayout is doing with
4 dhcp. Portage's make.conf.example has lukemftp and proz as options to fetch files; distcc and ccache are portage FEATURES, but
5 portage doesn't RDEPEND on them.
6
7 Armando Di Cianno wrote:
8