From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rejecting unsigned commits
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 00:26:23
1 On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 8:21 PM, Brian Harring wrote:
2 > On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 06:08:53PM -0400, Olivier Crête wrote:
3 >> On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 17:59 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
4 >> > is there any reason we should allow people to commit unsigned
5 >> > Manifest's anymore ?  generating/posting/enabling a gpg key is
6 >> > ridiculously easy and there's really no excuse for a dev to not have
7 >> > done this already.
8 >>
9 >> I didn't know we still allowed that.. I guess the CVS server should just
10 >> reject unsigned Manifests..
11 >
12 > Reject, and email an alias of folk who will go fix the manifest.  Keep
13 > in mind since it's a two stage commit for cvs, the checksums are left
14 > out of sync if we just flat out reject unsigned manifests and ignore
15 > the fallout.
16
17 the fallout is said dev fixes their setup or they lose commit access
18
19 i dont expect the rejection to go into effect $now, so people not
20 signing have plenty of time to start doing so
21 -mike