From: Anton Starikov <antst@×××××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] per-package environment variables.
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 02:53:50
1 Olivier Fisette wrote:
2 > A "DEPEND atom" is the term used in the portage(5) and ebuild(5) man
3 pages to
4 > describe an expression of the type: ">=app-sci/emboss-2.9.0" (a
5 category and
6 > a package, with optional logical operator and version). It is the
7 syntax used
8 > in the ebuilds' "DEPEND" variable, and in many Portage configuration
9 files,
10 > such as "package.use".
11
12 Thanks :)
13 So, I was meaning exactly the same :)
14 Sure, it should be atom.
15 OK, I'm going to finish (hopefully) work on my current code somewhere at
16 the morning (TZ=GMT+1) and will try to write a patch.
19 Robin H. Johnson wrote:
20 > See ebuild(5) for documentation about DEPEND atoms.
21
22 Just didn't know that there is special name for it....
23 It seems that there is bit of true in:
24 "Real Programmers don't read manuals. Reliance on a reference is a
25 hallmark of the novice and the coward. " :)))
28 Anton Starikov
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list