From: Olivier Fisette <ribosome@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] per-package environment variables.
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 02:05:36
1 A "DEPEND atom" is the term used in the portage(5) and ebuild(5) man pages to
2 describe an expression of the type: ">=app-sci/emboss-2.9.0" (a category and
3 a package, with optional logical operator and version). It is the syntax used
4 in the ebuilds' "DEPEND" variable, and in many Portage configuration files,
5 such as "package.use".
6