From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About *ECLASS_ONCE_* stuff at top of some eclasses but not others
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 04:08:51
1 On Wednesday 09 January 2013 06:39:37 justin wrote:
2 > On 09/01/13 12:29, justin wrote:
3 > > On 09/01/13 10:26, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
4 > >> On 09/01/2013 09:40, justin wrote:
5 > >>> Also the internals of the build are affected (probably through the
6 > >>> difference in configure). This leads to disrespected LDFLAGS and broken
7 > >>> tclConfig.sh. So this simple change has deep consequences.
8 > >>
9 > >> This looks like the _version_ of autoconf used is different. Is the
10 > >> output from the same exact system?
11 > >
12 > > Okay, did some more debugging and it seems to be not the new singly
13 > > inheriting eclass.
14 > >
15 > > Repeating the sequential emerge on different FS I get a completely mixed
16 > > result. Sometimes both compile are good, sometimes only one and sometime
17 > > none.
18 > > Could this be a problem with eautoreconf or is this autotools specifc
19 > > problem?
20 >
21 > I assume it is a portage problem, because the log says autoconf is run
22 > but configure.in didn't change.
23
24 this sounds like bug 417355. the autom4te.cache dir gets busted (somehow).
25 when autotools runs, it looks at the cache dir, sees that things are up to
26 date, and then doesn't regen any files.
27 -mike