From: Patrick Lauer <bugs@××××××××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Agenda [WAS: One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for June]
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 09:00:42
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 09:30:54 +0530
3 > "Arun Raghavan" <arunisgod@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> And why do you have to be plain insulting about it? Nobody can
6 >> magically spot every single bug in any piece of code presented to
7 >> them. In fact it's why the "given enough eyes ..." adage is one of the
8 >> bases of open source development.
11 > Which is why any responsible person ensures good test coverage.
12 >
13 Just to pour some oil on the flames -
14
15 Y'all are aware that paludis can't parse a valid make.conf and does
16 ignore package.keywords at times, yes?
17
18 Test case is:
19
20 FEATURES="strict" # test and stricter fail
21
22 in make.conf ... if you had the tests you claim others lack that would
23 have been fixed a long time ago.
24 So please stop trolling when you fail so badly at it.
25 >
26 >> I _honestly_ do not understand why there is so much trouble in simple
27 >> cooperation amongst adults.
30 > I agree entirely. Why the pkgcore people refuse to do basic automated
31 > tests is completely beyond me.
32 >
33 Mirror, mirror on the wall.
36 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list