From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: font.eclass add Xorg FontPath elements for non-standard paths
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 05:41:33
1 On 5 July 2013 06:36, Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > What you want is the font path element catalog and /etc/X11/fontpath.d (bug
4 > #185264) which I abandoned when I realized that no one actually uses fontpath
5 > anymore, that it caused the startup time to drastically increase with the
6 > number of installed fonts, and that adding your own fontpath entries is both
7 > trivial and documented everywhere.
10 We should probably add this to our documentation, and link to that
11 from a post-install message (using readme.gentoo.eclass).
14 Cheers,
15
16 Ben | yngwin
17 Gentoo developer