From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] default desktop profile
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 15:54:56
1 On Thursday 02 August 2007, Martin Schwier wrote:
2 > today I posted a bug (187475) about a minor issue about the useflag
3 > libnotify not beeing in the default desktop profile. Me was told that
4 > this sould be discussed on gentoo-dev. I can't really understand why
5 > such a minor issue have to be discussed among all developers as there
6 > are certainly much more importand things to do.
7 >
8 > Beeing a user I have the feeling that bugs concerning such minor issues
9 > aren't welcome among the gentoo developers. I consider it important for
10 > gentoo to regard such details too achieve a more polished gnome desktop
11 > experience by default as we have now.
12
13 the profiles are made up of input from many developers, so having the decision
14 made by a single one in bugzilla is incorrect. the topic is also subject to
15 debate and bugzilla is not the forum for wide debating in Gentoo.
16
17 > -fortran (not 1% of the desktop users need fortran and it speeds up
18 > the compile)
19
20 fortran is an expected default in the Linux world, so you get it by default.
21 -mike