From: Joshua Pierre <joshua@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Another idea
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 23:07:10
1 On Tue, Dec 25, 2001 at 05:58:08PM -0500 or thereabouts, George D. Plymale wrote:
2 > Another useful option would be to
3 > allow fetching to be made with different fetching utils such as "snatch
4 > or fetch or wget" and allow the resume option to be enabled, so a "-r"
5 > flag would be passed and resume would occur in the appropriate
6 > directory, which is something that is lacking in ports
7
8 I believe that portage already has support for this. Have a look in /etc/make.conf for the FETCHCOMMAND variable.
9
10 However, I don't think portage has support for resumes in the sense that if it sees the file it doesn't attempt to resume, it just tries to md5sum the file. I think that getting portage to resume before md5sum'ming would work quite well however I am not sure if all the supported download utilities have support for resumes.
11
12 Hope that helps on that issue :-)
13
14 Regards,
17 Joshua Pierre
18 Developer & Release Technician
19 Themes.Org -- Open Source Interface Enhancement