From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal for enhancement to PMS/EAPI7+
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 05:40:52
1 >>>>> On Wed, 18 May 2016, M J Everitt wrote:
2
3 > My idea thus, was inspired by the simple bash DOCS+= ( ) statement,
4 > that would allow you to append files/folders to the installdocs
5 > list, assuming that DOCS was pre-populated with an existing set of
6 > files. Obviously the status quo is set for EAPI6 and algorithms
7 > defined, but wondered if it could be considered for a future
8 > update/improvement cycle?!
9
10 This was already discussed three years ago in bug 449806, which was
11 closed as WONTFIX.
12
13 > There are methods (Again, quite clunky) to invoke the default
14 > method, amend the variable, repeat installdocs .. and/or do
15 > additional dodoc's manually, but I would have thought it was
16 > possible to incorporate into the core functions, and keep the ebuild
17 > tidy and clean (and short!).
18
19 Basically, in EAPI 6 you can do the following in src_install():
20
21 einstalldocs # or part of "default"
22 dodoc ANY ADDITIONAL DOC FILES
23
24 Only two lines. Do you think this is untidy?
25
26 Ulrich