From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is X86 uclibc environment supported?
Date: Mon, 02 May 2016 22:47:26
1 On 5/2/16 6:31 PM, Ian Stakenvicius wrote:
2 > Quote: blueness:
3 >>
4 >> The big problem is going to be the migration. You can't just unmerge
5 >> uclibc and emerge uclibc-ng. The two hard block one another for that
6 >> reason. The migration path I took is really really dirty but works:
7 >>
8 >> 1. ebuild uclibc-ng-<version>.ebuild clean install
9 >> 3. Copy .so files from /var/tmp/portage/.../image/lib to /lib
10 >> Since the .so versions are different they won't overwrite.
11 >> 4. Use a static binary to switch over the sym links to the new .so's
12 >> 5. emerge uclibc-ng properly
13 >> 6. re-emerge world
14 >>
15 >> I can automate some of that with scripts, but it will take care on the
16 >> part of the user who should be ready to boot off of rescue media. I'm
17 >> going to recommend that people really avoid that if possible and start anew.
20 > What about a "unclibc-ng-migrator" ebuild that would do steps 1,3,4 above if uclibc-ng isn't installed yet, and be a no-op otherwise? This could be a dep of uclibc-ng, and not hard-block uclibc. A bit hackish but emerge would probably enforce the order of things ok with deptree resolution.
23 yeah, i can see that working, but let me get uclibc-ng going first.
26 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
27 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
28 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
29 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
30 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA