From: Stephen Bennett <spb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:33:41
1 On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:47:58 -0600
2 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > We all know that
5 > something that stupid needs to be delt with quickly.
6
7 So you're agreeing that someone needs to be able to act should a
8 package maintainer screw up sufficiently badly, and the obvious
9 candidate for that role is the QA team. The ability to overrule package
10 maintainers doesn't, and shouldn't, mean that they'll go around doing so
11 willy-nilly, but it should be there as a last resort should it be
12 necessary.
13
14 (Yes, I'm taking that sentence out of context, but the fact that it
15 comes up at all says something, to my mind.)
16 --
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list