From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] opinion on how to improve the website redesign
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 00:58:54
1 On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 06:14:15PM -0600, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > One of the things that I always liked about the original design was
3 > the fact that the front page held a considerable amount of
4 > information without needing much vertical scrolling.
5
6 on that note, here is another opinion of mine that occured to me:
7 - the stuff on the bottom is nice (sweet pics btw), but i think it'd be
8 more useful if it replaced the left sidebar we use now ... i.e. just
9 stack em on the left ...
10
11 > In fact, I've been thinking that it might be nice to remove the news
12 > from the front page altogether which would leave plenty of
13 > space for the "Documentation", "Resources", and "Community" panels with
14 > limited scrolling.
15
16 my opinion above would address this concern (which i agree with)
17 -mike
18 --
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list