From: Mike Doty <kingtaco@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sunrise, a temporary compromise
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 14:21:20
1 Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > On 6/23/06, Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o> wrote:
3 >> I'm amazingly confused about why technical policy decisions (and even
4 >> discussions about them) are being made by devrel in a devrel-specific
5 >> channel. Could someone clear me up on this?
6 >>
7 >> Thanks,
8 >> Donnie
9 >
10 > Sorry, but I must second this, especially as discussions have also
11 > been continuing that (unlike Mike's discussion) actually included
12 > council members.
13 >
14 > I'm all for folks trying to help resolve the Sunrise issues, but I
15 > feel that it's not devrel's place to be deciding this particular
16 > policy issue, especially when the issue has already been referred to
17 > the council.
18 >
19 > Best regards,
20 > Stu
21 It is devrels place to attempt to stop the fighting. This is what I
22 did. I clearly indicate that this is temporary and when the council is
23 willing to clear this nonsense up, it will supersede anything I put
24 forth yesterday.
28 Mike Doty kingtaco -at- gentoo.org
29 Gentoo/AMD64 Strategic Lead
30 Gentoo Developer Relations
31 Gentoo Recruitment Lead
32 Gentoo Infrastructure
33 GPG: 0094 7F06 913E 78D6 F1BB 06BA D0AD D125 A797 C7A7
35 --
36 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list