From: Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Project Sunrise thread -- a try of clarification
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 21:10:06
1 On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 09:35:07PM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 23:52:50 +0400 "Peter Volkov (pva)"
3 > <pva@g.o> wrote:
4 > | > Will you also review the code each and every ebuild pull down over
5 > | > the internet?
6 > |
7 > | And that is really exciting moment. :) The main difference between
8 > | such overlay and wiki is that reading text never does `rm -rf /`. How
9 > | can one stop such jokes? I think if this problem will be solved such
10 > | overlay should be.
11 >
12 > Somehow I think certain people aren't quite grasping the potential
13 > security breaches with this whole thing... Slipping in malicious and
14 > hard to detect code that gets executed by everybody is very very easy.
15
16 My point exactly.
17
18 Regards,
19 Brix
20 --
21 Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
22 Gentoo Metadistribution | Mobile computing herd