From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Project Sunrise thread -- a try of clarification
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 20:41:06
1 On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 23:52:50 +0400 "Peter Volkov (pva)"
2 <pva@g.o> wrote:
3 | > Will you also review the code each and every ebuild pull down over
4 | > the internet?
5 |
6 | And that is really exciting moment. :) The main difference between
7 | such overlay and wiki is that reading text never does `rm -rf /`. How
8 | can one stop such jokes? I think if this problem will be solved such
9 | overlay should be.
10
11 Somehow I think certain people aren't quite grasping the potential
12 security breaches with this whole thing... Slipping in malicious and
13 hard to detect code that gets executed by everybody is very very easy.
16 Ciaran McCreesh
17 Mail : ciaran dot mccreesh at blueyonder.co.uk
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list