From: Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: useflag policies
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 13:42:39
1 11.08.2015 16:36, Rich Freeman пишет:
2 > On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 9:19 AM, Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o> wrote:
3 >> 11.08.2015 16:11, James Le Cuirot пишет:
4 >>> On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 15:58:49 +0300
5 >>> Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o> wrote:
6 >>>
7 >>>> If both of flags are not set - we stick to default.
8 >>>> Should this be set in EVERY ebuild explicitly?
9 >>>>
10 >>>> Maybe provide some sugar like $(qt_use_default qtgui 5), where
11 >>>> qt_use_default is the name of function, qtgui is the package and 5 is
12 >>>> the slot for default choice, where either BOTH of flags(qt4, qt5) are
13 >>>> enabled or disabled
14 >>>
15 >>> That sounds a little bit like what I suggested earlier.
16 >>>
17 >>> https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/884257a2d924a51851d629b1dc9b30df
18 >>>
19 >>
20 >> But without introducing brand new useless USE flag. Which makes huge
21 >> difference to me :-)
24 > If we want the typical user to not set either qt4 or qt5, are we
25 > saying that any package that could use either always enable one of
26 > them by default? Then all users get a GUI by default, and then users
27 > have to explicitly disable it? That seems to be the opposite of how
28 > we normally do things, but it does let you get away from having lots
29 > of users turning on qt.
30
31 I suggested this for packages, where GUI can not be disabled AND it
32 should be either qt4 or qt5. Then, if we do not add + to USE
33 description, users without anything in make.conf just run the blocker
37 Best regards, Sergey Popov
38 Gentoo developer
39 Gentoo Desktop Effects project lead
40 Gentoo Quality Assurance project lead
41 Gentoo Proxy maintainers project lead