From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: useflag policies
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 13:36:12
1 On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 9:19 AM, Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o> wrote:
2 > 11.08.2015 16:11, James Le Cuirot пишет:
3 >> On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 15:58:49 +0300
4 >> Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o> wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> If both of flags are not set - we stick to default.
7 >>> Should this be set in EVERY ebuild explicitly?
8 >>>
9 >>> Maybe provide some sugar like $(qt_use_default qtgui 5), where
10 >>> qt_use_default is the name of function, qtgui is the package and 5 is
11 >>> the slot for default choice, where either BOTH of flags(qt4, qt5) are
12 >>> enabled or disabled
13 >>
14 >> That sounds a little bit like what I suggested earlier.
15 >>
16 >> https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/884257a2d924a51851d629b1dc9b30df
19 > But without introducing brand new useless USE flag. Which makes huge
20 > difference to me :-)
23 If we want the typical user to not set either qt4 or qt5, are we
24 saying that any package that could use either always enable one of
25 them by default? Then all users get a GUI by default, and then users
26 have to explicitly disable it? That seems to be the opposite of how
27 we normally do things, but it does let you get away from having lots
28 of users turning on qt.
29
30 Normally we'd just turn them on in a profile, but you can't do this if
31 some packages need qt4, some need qt5, and some fail if both are
32 enabled.
35 Rich