From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sys-boot/plymouth needs major fixes/maintainer
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 16:11:54
1 On 17-07-26 11:56:39, Pacho Ramos wrote:
2 > sys-boot/plymouth is orphan for a long time. Its old 0.8.x versions where having
3 > important bugs that were fixed in 0.9.x, but 0.9 is also plenty of issues. Then,
4 > either this is adopted by someone able to handle all that issues or we will need
5 > to finally treeclean (and drop its support for dependant packages)
6 >
7 > Thanks
10 I did take sys-boot/plymouth, set up notifications for new releases so
11 packaging will be somewhat automated. Also prodded upstream to release
12 0.9.3 (which they did) and packaged it. Updated to eapi6 as well,
13 tested booting on systemd, worksforme.
16 Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)