From: Jonathan Smith <smithj@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] adding a code of conduct
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 22:04:48
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > I for one welcome our new infra overlords. Perhaps you should add in a
3 > clause saying that infra will randomly (maybe with the help of a
4 > keyword filter) inspect emails sent to all @gentoo.org addresses for
5 > any signs of subversive activity. You could also add a clause saying
6 > that developers must hand over their harddrives to infra upon request so
7 > that security audits can be performed.
10 Sorry guys, I've been trying to STFU on this entire matter, especially
11 since I haven't been particularly active lately, but Ciaran has a point
12 here. There is such a thing as taking things too far.
13
14 I'd especially note the clause "If your account is suspended, you will
15 still retain full developer status -- you will simply not have access to
16 Gentoo infrastructure." How the #$%^* can you be a developer with "full
17 status" without having access to the tree (or toucan, or test boxes, or...)?
18
19 In any case, I really wish everyone would just lighten the fuck up and
21 helping the users, etc.
22
23 -smithj
24