From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New package neomutt
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 07:54:55
1 On 10-08-2017 09:40:30 +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On czw, 2017-08-10 at 06:58 +0200, Nicolas Bock wrote:
3 > > On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 09:11:19AM +0200, Nicolas Bock wrote:
4 > > > Hi,
5 > > >
6 > > > I would like to add neomutt to the tree. This new package is meant as
7 > > > an alternative and not a replacement of the existing mutt package.
8 > >
9 > > Thanks for all of the great suggestions and feedback!
10 > >
11 > > This is round two. I have update the ebuild with all your
12 > > suggestions. I have also added support for eselecting between mutt
13 > > and neomutt. Before the eselect ebuild can land though, we need to
14 > > rename the mutt binary so that the managed link can be called
15 > > mutt.
16 >
17 > What for? How many people are exactly in the dire need of having both
18 > installed simultaneously and switching between them? If you really can't
19 > learn to type the new command, add IUSE=symlink blocking original mutt
20 > and be done with it. Don't add more unowned files to /usr by another
21 > poorly written eselect module.
22
23 Be nice! No need to be bitchy here (and in the rest of your review).
24 Nicolas is just trying.
25
26 Me, as maintainer of Mutt, thought it was a good idea, because it allows
27 people to easily have both installed at the same time, which in this
28 interesting time for both projects is not a weird thing to have.
29
30 If there is a policy/move to get rid of eselect, then sorry, I am not
31 aware of that. I can live with a symlink USE-flag. It doesn't seem
32 very elegant to me, but it would work for this scenario.
35 Thanks,
36 Fabian
39 Fabian Groffen
40 Gentoo on a different level