From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: rfc: go packages vs repositories
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 22:40:16
1 Patrick McLean posted on Fri, 12 Jun 2015 11:18:29 -0700 as excerpted:
2
3 > We could make go ebuilds simply install their sources to something like
4 > /usr/share/go/${PN}-${SLOT}.
5
6 I'm staying out of the general discussion, but this...
7
8 These are sources, please use a location within the PM's sources tree.
9 For portage that's $DISTDIR (/usr/portage/distfiles by default). The
10 above sources installation would thus be to ${DISTDIR}/go/${PN}-${SLOT},
11 using a path similar to that used by the various live-build eclasses,
12 git-r3, etc.
17 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman