From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: rfc: go packages vs repositories
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 22:57:48
1 On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 10:39:57PM +0000, Duncan wrote:
2 > Patrick McLean posted on Fri, 12 Jun 2015 11:18:29 -0700 as excerpted:
3 >
4 > > We could make go ebuilds simply install their sources to something like
5 > > /usr/share/go/${PN}-${SLOT}.
6 >
7 > I'm staying out of the general discussion, but this...
8 >
9 > These are sources, please use a location within the PM's sources tree.
10 > For portage that's $DISTDIR (/usr/portage/distfiles by default). The
11 > above sources installation would thus be to ${DISTDIR}/go/${PN}-${SLOT},
12 > using a path similar to that used by the various live-build eclasses,
13 > git-r3, etc.
14
15 I have golang-vcs.eclass (shown already on the list) that will use go
16 get to pull things and put them in /usr/portage/distfiles/go-src; that
17 is the same as a $GOPATH directory, so you would have
18 /usr/portage/distfiles/go-src/$GO_PN. Those would be live sources
19 depending on which vcs upstream is using.
20
21 If we want to have versions of sources for snapshots, I would
22 suggest another location to store those sources. Debian uses
23 /usr/share/gocode for that, so there would be /usr/share/gocode which
24 could be added to gopath as well.
25 directory our ebuilds would add to GOPATH. I may be able to do that in
26 my golang.eclass.
27
28 Here's the idea from Debian, as referenced earlier on the list [1].
29
30 William
31
32 [1] http://pkg-go.alioth.debian.org/packaging.html