From: "Steven J. Long" <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [1/3] Automatic *XML->Wiki wiki.gentoo.org
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 22:25:32
1 Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > I did some additional work on the style (as well as making a small wrapper
3 > script to simplify handling it). There are still some issues that I need to
4 > sort out, but I hope I can do that the coming days.
5 >
6 > I keep track of the stuff at [1], an example output can already be found at
7 > [2].
8 >
9 > [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:SwifT/proj2wiki
10 > [2] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:SwifT/proj2wiki/test
11 >
12 > It would appreciate some feedback - things that do not need to be covered
13 > anymore or so (I know our wiki supports some stuff that shouldn't be
14 > rendered anymore).
15 >
16 > No promises, but everything I know can help ;)
17 >
18 > btw, the tool actually converts GuideXML, so I'll be updating it later on to
19 > support better moves of our documentation as well.
20
21 Very nice work. The hardened test-conversion is very clean, and works well.
22
23 The sh makes me twitch though. typeset a=$foo # is easier as: a=$foo # as well
24 as being more portable. [ ] is part of POSIX sh (test is only still necessary
25 in autoconf due to its ill-advised usage of m4, afaic) and you don't quote a lot
26 of the parameter-expansions.
29 #friendly-coders -- We're friendly, but we're not /that/ friendly ;-)