From: Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage and /usr/local
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 15:32:02
1 Eric Jacoboni <jaco@××××××××××××.org> writes:
2
3 > - is this possible to get a description of what a ebuild is for ? On
4 > *BSD ports, there is a DESCR file which contains a short
5
6 I agree. I've heard this suggested by other *BSD users too. Perhaps
7 file a bug on it as a requested enhancement?
8
9 Personally, I'd like to see just descriptive keywords in the
10 description (since emerge -s searches on that, AFAIK). Then when a
11 match is found, perhaps print out the contents of a more descriptive
12 human readable file.
15 Matthew Kennedy
16 Gentoo Linux Developer
17 Bugs go to http://bugs.gentoo.org!
18
19 Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6C25B0A2
20 Finger Print: 0C61 0CBC C669 5F26 8DBF 006D FBAB 30EA 6C25 B0A2