From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI 3 PMS Draft
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:56:28
1 On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 09:57:16 +0100
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3 > There are dozens of packages in app-emacs making use of this feature
4 > (most of them from before my time, so don't blame me ;-) ). Typically
5 > their source is a single compressed lisp file and everything takes
6 > place in WORKDIR. S is not needed because of the fallback.
7
8 S="${WORKDIR}" in global scope then.
9
10 > Or has the fallback behaviour caused any problems elsewhere?
11
12 The fallback causes problems when there's a default src_install. Having
13 a default src_install means an ebuild with a dodgy tarball but no
14 functions is likely to make it all the way through past the install;
15 previously it would die on the custom-written src_install.
16
17 Note that the wording is such that this will only matter for ebuilds
18 that install things. Blank ebuilds that install nothing will still work.
21 Ciaran McCreesh