From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: klondike@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] udev-ng? (Was: Summary Council meeting Tuesday 13 November 2012)
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 03:39:15
1 On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 07:29:22PM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
2 > I see an "entertaining" fork of udev on github at the moment (-ng,
3 > really? What happens when someone wants to fork that, -ng-ng? Be a bit
4 > more original in your naming please, good thing I never trademarked
5 > "udev" all those years ago, maybe I still should...)
6
7 Heh, ok, it's been renamed to "eudev" now, that's a bit better, but not
8 much. Odd vowel choice.
9
10 Anyway, I now see a _very_ dangerous commit in the "Copyright" branch
11 that better not get merged into the tree, as it's wrong, and illegal
12 under all countries that follow the "normal" body of Copyright Law. It
13 should be removed right now before someone gets into trouble, not the
14 least of which would be the orginization that the copyright is now being
15 attributed to.
16
17 Come on people, this is basic copyright law, it's not something
18 radically new. It's something that _all_ software developers should
19 know, either from school, or any company they have ever worked at.
20
21 Please fix this now.
22
23 thanks,