From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge resume list
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 04:57:45
1 evader wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm not sure if this is the correct list to send this too, but it is
5 > the only gentoo one I am currently subscribed to.
6 >
7 > When I do an emerge -e world where is the list of files to be merged
8 > stored? For example if I break an emerge, and want to resume later from
9 > a different position, can I edit the packages to be emerged list so I
10 > don't have to do emerge --resume --skipfirst constantly?
11 >
12 > Thanks,
13 >
14 > evader
15
16 The list is stored in a small database file in /var/cache/edb/mtimedb
17
18 It is a binary file full of pickled python objects. I was actually
19 poking around it and thought about writing a tool. I will commit more
20 time to it if you are interested; although be warned that editing things
21 in that file is not particularly recommended. The dependency resolution
22 for the packages in the list is done and the list is created. Removing
23 items from it could cause packages to not build, and the dependency tree
24 to essentially be broken for that list.
25
26 Also, portage questions are generally well received at
27 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o, or on IRC: irc.freenode.net #gentoo-portage.
28
29 -Alec Warner
30 --