From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Implicit system dependencies
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 17:36:40
1 On 19:08 Tue 23 Aug , Maciej Mrozowski wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 23 of August 2011 18:54:04 Paweł Hajdan, Jr. wrote:
3 > > On 8/22/11 12:21 PM, Michael wrote:
4 > > > I wrote a script to search for discrepancies between linked libraries and
5 > > > what's defined in (R)DEPEND, with the intention of improving QA for
6 > > > minimal package installs.
7 > >
8 > > It would be great to integrate this into portage and make it a part of
9 > > the developer profile. This would just help prevent future breakages.
10 >
11 > It seems there are a couple of such home-grown solutions already.
12 > dberkholz used to have on in his dev webspace[1], we have one[2] in kde
13 > overlay...
14 >
15 > 1. http://dev.gentoo.org/~dberkholz/scripts/ (linking_libs, included_headers)
16 > 2.
17 > http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/kde.git;a=tree;f=Documentation/maintainers;hb=master
18 > (dynlink_scanner + try_dlopen.c)
21 Also we've got a couple of really cool GSoC projects along these lines.
22
23 One is called autodep [1, 2], and it integrates into portage to let you
24 know if you're missing deps or specified too many deps.
25
26 The other one is an ebuild generator [3, 4] that works for autotools but not a
27 lot else at this point.
28
29 1. http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-soc/msg_7491f6b5bffdccaedc939beb6e1c4f0d.xml
30 2. http://dev.gentoo.org/~neurogeek/guidexml/ (temporary homepage)