From: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Jun 11th, 2009 Council Meeting Format
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 13:49:46
1 Am Dienstag, den 02.06.2009, 01:53 -0400 schrieb Andrew D Kirch:
2 > Doug Goldstein wrote:
3 > > All,
4 > >
5 > > The current council meetings have gotten completely out of hand for
6 > > weeks meetings have become nothing more then a continuation of the
7 > > senseless bicker-fest that have become the e-mail threads on GLEP54,
8 > > GLEP55, and EAPI-3 without any real progress or sense coming of them.
9 > > It's taken me a little bit to step up and put a stop to it but I fully
10 > > intend on putting a stop to it. The point of the council meetings is
11 > > to bring up a topic and decide on its merits whether it should be
12 > > brought into the Gentoo Project or not. I quote from the first line of
13 > > the Gentoo Council website:
14 > I would strongly advice that EAPI-3 and GLEP's 54/55 be dropped at least
15 > for the time being (at a minimum 90 days). The argument has left any
16 > trappings of merit or rational behind, and has replaced them with
17 > religion. As this is now a dogmatic issue a resolution cannot be
18 > reached at this time.
19 > >
20 > > We have all collectively failed the Gentoo Project since we have not
21 > > been doing this for the past several weeks.
22 >
23 > Vigorous debate fails no one. Religious zealotry however fails us all.
24 > In recognizing that this is what's happening iwth EAPI-3, and GLEP's
25 > 54/55 is the first step towards moving on to a new and fair debate on
26 > these issues down the road.
27
28 Why are you mentioning EAPI-3 here? That topic got closed two meetings
29 ago.
32 Tiziano Müller
33 Gentoo Linux Developer, Council Member
34 Areas of responsibility:
35 Samba, PostgreSQL, CPP, Python, sysadmin, GLEP Editor
36 E-Mail : dev-zero@g.o
37 GnuPG FP : F327 283A E769 2E36 18D5 4DE2 1B05 6A63 AE9C 1E30