From: Andrew D Kirch <trelane@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Jun 11th, 2009 Council Meeting Format
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 05:53:26
1 Doug Goldstein wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > The current council meetings have gotten completely out of hand for
5 > weeks meetings have become nothing more then a continuation of the
6 > senseless bicker-fest that have become the e-mail threads on GLEP54,
7 > GLEP55, and EAPI-3 without any real progress or sense coming of them.
8 > It's taken me a little bit to step up and put a stop to it but I fully
9 > intend on putting a stop to it. The point of the council meetings is
10 > to bring up a topic and decide on its merits whether it should be
11 > brought into the Gentoo Project or not. I quote from the first line of
12 > the Gentoo Council website:
13 I would strongly advice that EAPI-3 and GLEP's 54/55 be dropped at least
14 for the time being (at a minimum 90 days). The argument has left any
15 trappings of merit or rational behind, and has replaced them with
16 religion. As this is now a dogmatic issue a resolution cannot be
17 reached at this time.
18 >
19 > We have all collectively failed the Gentoo Project since we have not
20 > been doing this for the past several weeks.
21
22 Vigorous debate fails no one. Religious zealotry however fails us all.
23 In recognizing that this is what's happening iwth EAPI-3, and GLEP's
24 54/55 is the first step towards moving on to a new and fair debate on
25 these issues down the road.
26
27 Andrew