From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: PHP5 Unstable ?
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 17:59:21
1 Omer Cohen posted <30e61698050425063334d003e9@××××××××××.com>, excerpted
2 below, on Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:33:08 +0200:
3
4 > 5.0.4 has been stable for quite a while, meaning most of the major
5 > things are fixed if not all of them.
6 > So atleast add it to the tree, if not stable then atleast masked.
7
8 Absolutely agreed. I haven't seen anyone here disagree with that. I'd
9 guess the reason it hasn't been done, therefore, has more to do with the
10 overload factor, at least in that herd, of what are after all volunteer
11 developers, than anything else. Some herds and areas of the portage tree
12 are even more understaffed than Gentoo is as a whole, and it just hasn't
13 gotten done.
18 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
19 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list