From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [soc] Python bindings for Paludis
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 19:00:48
1 Duncan wrote:
2 > A segment of an already minor segment (certainly currently, tho that
3 > /may/ eventually change), not likely to be something that can reasonably
4 > be characterized as benefiting Gentoo as a whole, at least in the near to
5 > medium term, and beyond that, well, things remain up for grabs.
6 >
7 Hear hear, although i do tend to agree with Mr Goodyear's assessment; if not
8 Gentoo, then who? And hasn't Paludis improved Gentoo's QA already?
9
10 At the end of the day, some poor student is going to volunteer to do this
11 because they find it interesting (if it were to go ahead.) In that case,
12 I'd peronsally say let them. But I don't know the ins and outs of the
13 Council's thinking obviously. And TBH you lot voted them in to make this
14 kind of call.
15
16 Why not let them?
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list