From: Paul Waring <pwaring@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] giflib and libungif hell [solution: libungif is being removed]
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:03:09
1 On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:46:20 -0500, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
2 > there is no difference between 'dev users' and 'non-dev users'
3 >
4 > you either use Gentoo or you dont
5
6 When I said "non-dev" users, I meant normal users who don't subscribe
7 to -dev and probably both wouldn't know that this change was happening
8 and also might not know how to deal with any problems that might
9 occur. Obviously if something breaks it's going to cause problems
10 regardless of whether you're a dev or not, but my question was about
11 how normal users will be able to fix this when they don't care about
12 the reasons why it's being removed.
13
14 Paul
17 Rogue Tory