From: Hendrik Visage <hvisage@×××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Organizing user ebuild submissions
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 19:32:03
1 Perhaps think of a gentoo-ebuild mailing list??
2 this way the -dev group could discuss development issues rarther than ebuild
3 troubles/submissions.
4
5 On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 11:53:34PM +0300, Dan Armak wrote:
6 > On Monday 30 July 2001 23:46, you wrote:
7 > > Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o> writes:
8 > > > Good idea. Dan, go ahead and create and add a /usr/portage/incoming
9 > > >
10 > > > >directory to CVS and check all new ebuilds in there. Then, post a
11 > > > >wiki item for each new ebuild (or batch of related ebuilds) and
12 > > > >assign the wiki item to the appropriate team, priority "low". Thanks
13 > > > >for doing this.
14 > > >
15 > > > OK. Should I classify the ebuilds as well and have e.g.
16 > > > /usr/portage/incoming/app-text?
17 > >
18 > > Isn't it better if the team (which should have the best idea of where
19 > > it should go) put them in the right directory? That will also make it
20 > > easier on the one that puts them in incoming.
21 > Who is me. Fine then! I'll collect the ebuilds posted in the last week or so,
22 > which is what I have of the mailing list locally, and will add them to
23 > incoming w/ wiki notes if they haven't been added already. Now we need to
24 > notify all developers. I'll post a message on a new thread with a suitable
25 > subject.
26 >
27 > --
28 >
29 > Dan Armak
30 > Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
31 > Matan, Israel
34 > gentoo-dev mailing list
35 > gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org