From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Organizing user ebuild submissions
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 14:52:17
1 On Monday 30 July 2001 23:46, you wrote:
2 > Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o> writes:
3 > > Good idea. Dan, go ahead and create and add a /usr/portage/incoming
4 > >
5 > > >directory to CVS and check all new ebuilds in there. Then, post a
6 > > >wiki item for each new ebuild (or batch of related ebuilds) and
7 > > >assign the wiki item to the appropriate team, priority "low". Thanks
8 > > >for doing this.
9 > >
10 > > OK. Should I classify the ebuilds as well and have e.g.
11 > > /usr/portage/incoming/app-text?
12 >
13 > Isn't it better if the team (which should have the best idea of where
14 > it should go) put them in the right directory? That will also make it
15 > easier on the one that puts them in incoming.
16 Who is me. Fine then! I'll collect the ebuilds posted in the last week or so,
17 which is what I have of the mailing list locally, and will add them to
18 incoming w/ wiki notes if they haven't been added already. Now we need to
19 notify all developers. I'll post a message on a new thread with a suitable
20 subject.
24 Dan Armak
25 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
26 Matan, Israel