From: Jim Ramsay <lack@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: 0-day bump requests
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 13:19:24
1 Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 10:10:14 -0400
3 > Jim Ramsay <lack@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Here's an interesting solution for those who find it annoying
6 > > though: Just file your own 0-day bump request in bugzilla. In
7 > > theory some users would find this and just CC themselves on it.
8 > > Other users could be shushed with the shame of the DUPLICATE.
9 > > Everyone wins!
10 >
11 > I try to do this whenever there's some reason why I can't add a
12 > package right away.
13 >
14 > I also don't see the point of yelling at someone for trying to help in
15 > whatever way they can, even if that's in the form of a poke when a new
16 > version is released.
17
18 I wonder if a special "Version Bump" template for bugzilla could be a
19 useful thing to make this easier for both users and devs?
22 Jim Ramsay
23 Gentoo Developer (rox/fluxbox/gkrellm)