From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: 0-day bump requests
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 23:05:48
1 On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 10:10:14 -0400
2 Jim Ramsay <lack@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Here's an interesting solution for those who find it annoying though:
5 > Just file your own 0-day bump request in bugzilla. In theory some
6 > users would find this and just CC themselves on it. Other users could
7 > be shushed with the shame of the DUPLICATE. Everyone wins!
8
9 I try to do this whenever there's some reason why I can't add a package
10 right away.
11
12 I also don't see the point of yelling at someone for trying to help in
13 whatever way they can, even if that's in the form of a poke when a new
14 version is released.
17 gcc-porting, by design, by neglect
18 treecleaner, for a fact or just for effect
19 wxwidgets @ gentoo EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662