From: Mathy Vanvoorden <mathy@××××××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Value of Continuous integration vs Code Review / Pull Requests
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 06:50:27
1 Op di 2 jun. 2020 om 19:51 schreef Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>:
4 > The conclusion was that the software needed to be released under an open
5 > license (preferably FSF / OSI approved.) So for example, Gitlab CE is OK
6 > (its an OSI approved licensed) but Gitlab EE is not. The source for Gitlab
7 > EE is open (I can go read it) but it's not freely available.
10 Ok, I'm not on that list, hence I didn't know the requirement (and would
11 have responded in May already)
14 > My understanding is that this is a binary-own download that, once
15 > installed, we can request a license to use. We won't have the source code
16 > at all and the license is not free. I don't think it's possible for us to
17 > use this software in Gentoo for this reason.
20 Actually when you have a license you can download the source code from
21 their service portal. This is a fact for commercial licenses but I'm not
22 sure if it also applies to open source licenses.
25 In any case, I just wanted to offer the suggestion and my help. If it isn't
26 a match, that's just as fine for me ;-)
27
28 br,
29 Mathy