From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Decision to remove stage1/2 from installation documentation
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:45:14
1 On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 11:25 -0500, solar wrote:
2 > > Removing the stage1 and stage2 instructions from the Handbook has
3 > > already reduced the number of errors being reported by new users to me.
4
5 > I hope that you can arrange for either the stage1 install instructions
6 > to be put back in or split off into it's own stage1.xml doc.
7
8 I've already agreed that I have no problem with an additional document
9 that instructs on these advanced concepts.
12 Chris Gianelloni
13 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
14 x86 Architecture Team
15 Games - Developer