From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Anti-spam for goose
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 07:54:22
1 On 22-05-2020 21:58:54 +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Let's put it like this. This thing starts working. Package X is
3 > broken, and we see that almost nobody is using it. We remove that
4 > package. Now somebody is angry. He submits a lot of fake data to
5 > render the service useless so that we don't make any future decisions
6 > based on it.
7
8 I'm affraid that has a heroic flair to me. The service should never be
9 used for decisions like that, because it's a biased sample at most.
10 Doing stuff like this simply destroys the soul of the distribution.
11
12 I hope this isn't one of your genuine objectives with the service. If
13 it is, I can see why you fear spam so much.
14
15 Fabian
18 Fabian Groffen
19 Gentoo on a different level