From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council meeting, Thursday 15th, 1900 UTC
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:37:22
1 Thierry Carrez wrote:
2 > Nathan L. Adams wrote:
3 >
4 >>Mike Frysinger wrote:
7 >>>>right ... once a GLEP has been hammered out and approved, there isnt really
8 >>>>anything left for managers/council to do ... it's then up to whoever to get
9 >>>>it done ;)
10 >>
11 >>They *could* do some 'creative re-org' a.k.a. remove some folks from
12 >>their current roles if they are willfully breaking the rules...
15 > This is the role of devrel enforcement arm. The complaint /
16 > investigation / judgement / appeal process is already defined. The
17 > council enters the stage only at the appeals step to limit abuse of
18 > power situations (and of course to define what policy really is).
19 >
20 > I for one am committed to help in enforcement of any policy that has
21 > been decided, but only in the limits of what we were elected for (we
22 > won't replace project leads or devrel).
23
24 The actual powers/role of devrel has always been a grey area. Perhaps it
25 is time that the Council formalize their position so people know exactly
26 what they can/can't do.
29 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
30 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
31
32 ---
33 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
34 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
35
36 ramereth/irc.freenode.net