From: Thierry Carrez <koon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council meeting, Thursday 15th, 1900 UTC
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:59:24
1 Nathan L. Adams wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 >
4 >>>right ... once a GLEP has been hammered out and approved, there isnt really
5 >>>anything left for managers/council to do ... it's then up to whoever to get
6 >>>it done ;)
7 >
8 > They *could* do some 'creative re-org' a.k.a. remove some folks from
9 > their current roles if they are willfully breaking the rules...
10
11 This is the role of devrel enforcement arm. The complaint /
12 investigation / judgement / appeal process is already defined. The
13 council enters the stage only at the appeals step to limit abuse of
14 power situations (and of course to define what policy really is).
15
16 I for one am committed to help in enforcement of any policy that has
17 been decided, but only in the limits of what we were elected for (we
18 won't replace project leads or devrel).
21 Koon
22 --
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list