From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: OpenRC available for testing.
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 13:29:11
1 Roy Marples wrote:
2 > So, the question is, do we want to maintain one massive KV_to_int that
3 > has different code paths for uname -s output, or get function.sh to
4 > include an OS specific file we supply just for this one function?
5 >
6 > Or just put the function in modules-update and udev as they are the only
7 > two applications that use it.
8 >
9 I vote for option 1b, if that's how you've decided to implement it. I'd
10 rather it was just a simple function in the OS-specific function.sh though.
11
12 >> if you want a cleaner interface for is_older_than, then we could hammer
13 >> that out, but if it's just a pass through to a C applet, then leaving it
14 >> alone makes sense.
15 >
16 > Currently it's neither as it's been integrated into the librc dependency
17 > code. Again, the only consumer of this function is now modules-update.
18 >
19 OK, but that doesn't mean it won't be needed in the future. It's already
20 there, it might be handy later, leave it available imho.
24 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list