From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Question about xfree86-4.3.0-r6
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 09:29:39
1 On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 14:41, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 11:14, lv@××××××××××.org wrote:
3 > > it's masked due to a bug in portage that is apparently not being fixed ("you
4 > > shouldnt be using that anyway" is the response we got to the bug). if both
5 > > xorg-x11 and this xfree are unmasked, for some reason an attempt to install
6 > > one will try to install the other. xorg-x11 is stable on amd64...
7 > >
8 > > i'm not on the xfree herd, but i remember this being a PITA on amd64.
9 >
10 > I guess this also brings up the question, when is xorg-x11 going to be
11 > stable on each arch and when will it be the default for the virtual? I
12 > know that we are eventually going that way, which was the reasoning
13 > behind me supporting both.
14
15 Once some pesky xkb problems are tracked down. Maybe a few other things
16 too like the opengl-update issue I mentioned elsewhere in this thread as
17 well.
20 Donnie Berkholz
21 Gentoo Linux