From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for April
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 08:56:12
1 On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 15:17:18 -0500
2 Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o> wrote:
3 > Alexandre Buisse wrote: [Wed Apr 04 2007, 02:36:43PM CDT]
4 > > I won't take this to the council myself, but I think this should be
5 > > discussed at the very least: we need a way to limit the council
6 > > power, since it seems there is nothing to this effect in the
7 > > metastructure glep.
8 >
9 > For what it's worth, I deliberately wrote the GLEP that way. The
10 > truth of the matter is that the Council has only whatever power the
11 > devs permit, so adding additional restrictions seems like a really bad
12 > idea to me.
13
14 Right.
15
16 Unfortunately, what the GLEP doesn't do is prevent the Council from
17 having secret meetings and refusing to discuss not only the content of
18 those meetings but even the topic. Perhaps a requirement that any
19 Council meeting logs be made public would be useful, with a waiver
20 that the Council can have a secret meeting if it officially announces
21 that it is doing so?
24 Ciaran McCreesh