From: Luis Ressel <aranea@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Gentoo GPG key policies
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 21:55:50
1 On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 21:37:38 +0000
2 "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Ideally keeping your primary key offline to increase security.
5 >
6 > However, the original theory was that if there was some attack that
7 > required a large amount of ciphertext or a targeted plaintext input,
8 > you would be limiting the ciphertext to only gentoo-specific content,
9 > and could trivially rotate the subkey without any impact on your
10 > primary key.
11
12 I totally agree with the idea of having a separate subkey for signing
13 purposes, but look at my key, for example: I already have a separate
14 subkey for signing, the primary key is only used for certifications
15 (and is actually kept offline ;). If I was a Gentoo dev, it wouldn't
16 seem that logical to have to create yet another signing subkey.
17
18 Therefore, I'd propose to remove the "Gentoo" part from "Dedicated
19 Gentoo signing subkey".
20
21 Luis