From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] NFS Support?
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:06:01
1 Hello Thomas,
2
3 Thomas Landmann wrote: [Thu Aug 09 2001, 08:23:30PM EDT]
4 > Is there an easy way to get NFS server support working?
5
6 I've just sent a new nfs-utils-0.3.1 package to gentoo-ebuild.
7 Hopefully it will help you out, since it separates init.d/nfs into two
8 scripts that work better: init.d/nfs and init.d/nfsmount.
9
10 > I emerge'd the nfs-utils package, but it appears that there is more to it
11 > than that.
12
13 Once you have the new nfs-utils ebuild (you might need to wait a couple
14 days for this to be available), you need to:
15
16 (1) Edit /etc/rc.d/config/basic to say NFSSERVER=yes instead of
17 NFSSERVER=no.
18
19 (2) Edit /etc/exports to export the filesystems you want. Read the
20 exports man-page for more info.
21
22 (3) Start the nfs server by running /sbin/init.d/nfs start
23
24 Hope this helps!
25
26 Aron