From: Thomas Landmann <tom.landmann@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] NFS Support?
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 18:24:17
1 Is there an easy way to get NFS server support working?
2
3 I emerge'd the nfs-utils package, but it appears that there is more to it
4 than that.
5
6 I've poked around, making sure the nfsd kernel module is loaded, portmap is
7 running, and the various rpc.* daemons are running, but it is not quite
8 working.
9
10 Is there a Gentoo-oriented NFS howto?
11
12 Maybe there could be an nfs-server package which would automatically bring
13 the service up easily.
14
15 Thanks everyone for making a very useable Linux distro which does things the
16 right way.
17
18 Tom