From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] kde-apps: searching for new homes
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 17:43:09
1 Hi all,
2
3 The packages that are part of the base kde distribution (i.e. kdemultimedia)
4 will be moved to kde-base. All other packages will be moved to the
5 appropriate categories.
6
7 In many cases there's ambiguity as to the reclassification of these packages,
8 and far too many app-misc candidates. So, this is a list of the relocations
9 I've decided on so far. I'd appreciate contribution of ideas. Tomorrow I'll
10 look over the replies and make my decisions.
11
12 KDE base distribution packages, move to kde-base:
13 kdeaddons, kdeadmin, kdegraphics, kdemultimedia, kdenetwork, kdepim, kdesdk,
14 kdeutils, kdoc.
15
16 Note: kdevelop and koffice have their own release schedules, so they aren't
17 grouped in kde-base.
18
19 Please suggest better locations for these if you can, especially for those
20 that go in *-misc:
21
22 cervisia dev-util
23 kbear net-ftp
24 kcpuload app-misc
25 kdbg dev-util
26 kdevelop dev-util
27 kfilecoder app-arch
28 kfilereplace app-text
29 kgraphspace app-misc
30 kmago net-misc
31 knetload net-misc
32 koffice app-office
33 krusader app-misc
34 ktelnet net-misc
35 ktexmaker2 app-editors
36 kuickshow media-gfx
37 kvirc net-irc
38 quanta app-editors
39 webconfig app-admin
40
41 Eventually we might need new categories, but that's not what I'm about right
42 now.
46 Dan Armak
47 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
48 Matan, Israel